Wednesday, September 22, 2004

The Wiggles

Last Friday, two friends and I ventured to the western suburbs to explore Chicagoland's first outpost of Fry's, a California based electronics superstore. It's huge - over 150,000 square feet I believe. To be honest, I wasn't that impressed, since it had most of the same stuff at Best Buy, at the same prices, but with lots of useless crap as well.

As we are on our way out, I see this obnoxious, Volkswagen Bettle-like pastic toy car. Upon closer inspections, I see that four men are stuffed into this small car -- looking a bit too happy to be in such tight quarters -- with big smiles on their faces. Here is a picture of this toy, call the Big Red Car. I pick it up, reading that the four men are known as The Wiggles, which I have come to find out is an children's sing-along group. Sorta like a real-life Teletubbies, I guess. And just about the gayest thing I have ever seen.

4 Comments:

At September 24, 2004 at 4:16 PM, Blogger R-dogg said...

I can still here the cheerful tunes of the toy now...honk, honk, chugga, chugga, big red car!" The thing is that it's not a particularly big red car. I think if they wanted personal space they could have chosen something roomier. I think they like being that close. Either that, or they are all conjoined twins. It's difficult to tell from the picture...

 
At October 5, 2004 at 12:14 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I am shockingly familiar with the Wiggles. This is only because of my Children's Librarian status. My co-worker insists upon using their videos during every one of her Twos storytimes. I can only hope that the kids grow up undamaged.

 
At November 1, 2004 at 1:21 AM, Blogger Kenney said...

Seriously. It's been over a month. Make with the posts.

 
At November 10, 2005 at 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sent Straight to your Inbox for your Convenience, you wont have to Search the Internet day after day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home