Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Delivering a dozen

"Roses" by OutKast is a great song.  After the catchy, though way over-played "Hey Ya!", "Roses" is a fun, follow-up release.   While I don't consider myself a hip-hop fan, OutKast has a distinctive, fun sound.   For those of you who have heard the song, the refrain goes

I know you'd like to thank your shit don't stank
But lean a little bit closer
See that roses really smell like poo-poo, poo
Yeah, roses really smell like poo-poo, poo

My best friend Kim and I have turned "roses" into our code word for "poo, poo, poo."  It sounds much cleaner than "taking a dump" or "dropping the kids off at the pool."  Of course, now there is a poem attached to bathroom time:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I just got out of bed
So I'm taking a poo.

Yes, I am 12 years old, thank you very much.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home