Thursday, November 18, 2004

Serious Criminals

As my Dutch co-worker and I were walking back from dinner last night, we saw a police car on the sidewalk, with several policemen speaking to several people on bikes, taking notes. Was it a drug bust? Or a bike accident?

I asked Patrick, "What is going on?"

He replied, "Oh, it must be a light check."

"A light check? What is that?" I responded.

Patrick explained, "The police set up checkpoints on the bike paths and give you a 25 Euro ticket if you don't have a proper, working headlight on your bicycle."

If only bike light checks were the biggest worry for American police officers...

5 Comments:

At February 2, 2005 at 5:56 AM, Blogger Kenney said...

We're dying here...

 
At November 11, 2005 at 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on a nice blog John. I was looking for information on celebrity posters and came across your post Serious Criminals - not precisely what I was looking for related to celebrity posters but an interesting read all the same!

 
At November 18, 2005 at 11:45 AM, Blogger Kenney said...

Hi John. I was looking for posters of airline tickets but I didn't quite find them here. However, I thought I would wish you a happy one-year no-post anniversary!

 
At March 5, 2007 at 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boy bath

 
At January 26, 2010 at 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home